Opening with Covid
Our new normal......
Unfortunately we are restricted to the number of riders we can welcome to the stables but still need to care for all the horses. We have therefore taken the decision to review our prices in light of this.
All riders will be charged £45.
Payment should be taken before the ride (either via BACS or contactless) if this is not possible speak to the staff before attending the yard.
All riders should fill in a new Rider Registration Form, even if they have completed one this year as the form has been updated, this should be downloaded and completed before attending the yard, if this is not possible speak to the staff before attending the yard.
All riders must bring their own equipment (please see details below).
Riders over 12 years old
Due to social distancing we are only able to take out riders who can untack themselves and are at least of Intermediate level. Please be conscious, if you haven't ridden in a while, your ability might have changed. If you arrive and we feel you do not meet the required level we may not be able to take you out but payment will still be required.
INTERMEDIATE: A rider who is in control and balanced in all paces - able to do rising trot and two point canters in an English saddle outwith an arena.
EXPERIENCED: All of the above but also currently riding different horses regularly or having ridden a lot of different horses previously but not in the past couple of years. Comfortable and confident in riding in English saddle.
ADVANCED: All of the above having also competed (BE100, BSJA Discovery, BD Elementary or equivalent) and is used to riding a variety of horses. Ability to handle a spirited horse in open country.
Riders aged 6 to 11 years old
Due to the new government guidelines, regarding relaxed social distancing, we are now able to take out anyone aged 6 to 11 years old. Please note ALL restrictions still apply to guardians.
When attending the yard
We have reviewed our practices in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and the various guidelines issued by the Scottish Government, BHS and Horse Scotland. In light of these the following procedures have been implemented. Importantly, riders should enter the yard and wait at the signpost, and read the information provided on the Stables protocol.
- All riders must have their own safety equipment, ie hat (please check matches safety standards), boots and gloves.
- All social areas and toilets are closed to riders attending the yard.
- Masks to be worn while on yard.
- Only riders to enter the yard unless aged 6-11, then a guardian can accompany.
- Clean gloves to be worn throughout with an extra pair of gloves to be kept to hand.
- On entering the yard use the hand sanitizer that is available at the entrance.
- Wash clothes immediately when you return home and wear a fresh set of clothes to the stables.
- Comply with the 2m social distancing rule at all times (except aged 6-11).
- Do not attend the yard if they are self-isolating, are in a household that is self-isolating, feel unwell in any way or are showing symptoms of Covid-19.
How will it work?
- Riders enter the yard they should put on their face mask and wait at the signpost. Please read ALL information provided at the waiting area.
- Clean hands with hand sanitizer and put on your clean gloves. Gloves are to be worn at all times, with an extra pair of gloves to be kept to hand.
- Your ride leader will meet you at waiting point and take payment, if not paid before arrival via BACS.
- A horse will be allocated.
- The horse will be outside the stable tacked up and ready to go.
- Riders to mount from the mounting block (do not move the mounting block to the horse bring the horse to the mounting block).
- If required the ride leader can check the girth and stirrups once riders are mounted - both ride leader and rider to wear a mask for these checks.
- Ride leader will get on and ride will commence. Please maintain the 2 metre distancing whilst riding.
- Once back horse to be returned to where it was previously tied.
- Rider to untack and leave on tack stand. Then disinfect tack with disinfectant provided (including neckstrap and stirrup leathers).
- Please do not spend additional time at the yard, while we would love to catch up this poses a risk to all.
- Please ensure social distancing after the ride and as you exit the yard.