To book we will require details of riders' heights, weights and experience (please see rider ability below). We ask that you call us and provide these details, as this also give us the opportunity to discuss any questions you may have. If we don't answer please leave a message with the relevant information and we will call you back as soon as we can. During busy periods calls are returned at the end of the day.
If you are based abroad please email us with the above information.
Should you be making a booking on behalf of someone else we ask for confirmation that they have read all the information below.
BEGINNER: Ranges from a rider with no experience up to someone who is comfortable and has control at the walk and/or trot but has limited experience trotting.
NOVICE: A rider who is in control and comfortable at the walk and trot but has limited experience trotting/cantering in an English saddle.
INTERMEDIATE: A rider who is in control and balanced in all paces - able to do rising trot and two point canters in an English saddle.
EXPERIENCED: All of the above but also currently riding different horses regularly or having ridden a lot of different horses previously but not in the past couple of years. Comfortable and confident in riding in English saddle.
ADVANCED: All of the above having also competed (BE100, BSJA Discovery, BD Elementary or equivalent) and is used to riding a variety of horses. Ability to handle a spirited horse in open country.
- We are unable to guarantee riders will get onto the beach, especially during peak season. During this time we recommend a morning ride, working around the tide times. We are happy to discuss this with you.
- Our rides focus on both horse and rider enjoying the ride. We use neck straps to help riders maintain their balance and will ask riders to hold on to these to ensure horses are comfortable.
- If we feel it is required we will use a lead rope or as we call them 'safety nets'.
- The pace you are able to go will depend on our assessment during the ride.
- Our rides can be of mixed ability groups and guidance is given as you ride.
- We have a weight limit of 16 stone/101kg/224lbs.
- We can take riders from 4 years old.
- All our horses are trained to English aids. If you have ridden western or another style please note this can be very different.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the ride to allow time to get organised.